Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50 AC3000 System - Cannot access online Orbi Settings

grandad2944
Tutor

Orbi RBR50 AC3000 System - Cannot access online Orbi Settings

Today, for the first time, I was not able to access the online Orbi network to review and or change settings on my router and or satellite.  I have accessed this site many times before with no issues.  All of a sudden, today, I get into the website, but an Armor Security Software Dialogue box pops up and takes center stage preventing me for getting into any of the settings.  As much as i try to close the dialogue box, I can't.  With the dialogue box remaining, it does not allow me to get into the settings portion of the website (all these options are in the background and grayed out.  I tried closing the dialogue box by clicking on the X in the upper right hand corner - NOTHING; I trying clicking on Do Not Remind Me Again - NOTHING.  The dialogue box does not go away and stays in the forefront preventing me from getting in to review and or change my settings.  Anybody ever see this and have a solution.It would be much appreciated.

Message 1 of 10
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR50 AC3000 System - Cannot access online Orbi Settings

What device are you using to access this? I've seen on some mobile devices, issues with scrolling to hit the proper selection. 

Have you tried a different pc/laptop? 

Switched browsers?

Message 2 of 10
grandad2944
Tutor

I only used my Lenovo Desktop  model T730 and Dell Desktop model XPS8900 to make changes to the Orbi settings and yes, I tried both PCs and tried Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Firefox.  Same issue.  Just to be on the safe side, before I sent this response, I just tried the log in again and the same results.  I can't even access the Netgear logout button, to log out I have to refresh the page and before the Armor dialogue box pops up click on the logout button; if I wait a second too long and the Armor logo dialogue box pops up I am stuck.  Currently at a standstill.   If you have any further thoughts, it would be most appreciated.  Thanks for your interest.

Message 3 of 10
plemans
Guru

Can you take a screen snip of the whole page? 

What firmware version is your rbr50 on?

Are you using the routerlogin access or the ip address?

Message 4 of 10
grandad2944
Tutor

Netgear Screenshot.jpgI use the router login 192.168.1.1.  For some reason, historically, I had problems logging in without using the IP Address.  I have firmware version 2.6.1.40.  I have attached a screenshot as you requested.  Again, thanks for your continued interest. Hopefully, you have some further thoughts.  

Message 5 of 10
plemans
Guru

When you attach them as photos, a moderator has to approve them. If you click "choose file" and attach them that route, then I can download them right away. 

If you're in the US, there's a newer firmware. You could try that version

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBR50.aspx#download

Message 6 of 10
grandad2944
Tutor

OK, sorry about that - don't use this a lot - hopefully, you can access this now.  Anyway, I was aware of a newer version of the firmware, that is why I was trying to log in to begin with.  Again, thanks for your time.  Stay Safe in this crazy world.

Message 7 of 10
plemans
Guru

your screenshot shows you're on version 2.5.2.4 of the firmware. 

I'd try upgrading it first. See if that fixes it. If it doesn't. try a simple factory reset and reinstall.

You stay safe as well. Who would have ever thought we'd be in this situation

Message 8 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Also be sure to select "Never Remind Me Again" on the blue Armor popup window. 

Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7