× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Satellite shows poor signal - While device is next to it

aweskk
Follower

Orbi Satellite shows poor signal - While device is next to it

Orbi Community, 

I transitioned to the Orbi Mesh Wifi (RBK30 system) with one Orbi and one satellite. The issue that i have is that the Satellite is taking devices that are closer to it, however it is not improving the connectivity on those i.e. a TV right next to the Satellite will keep on buffering the content.

I have tried diabling and enabling the Daisy Chai, enabling the other Wifi improving options and decreasing the signal strength on the 2.4Ghz network and its a net zero effect on the original issue. 

Any help will be highly appreciated. 

Message 1 of 2
VFk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Re: Orbi Satellite shows poor signal - While device is next to it

My issue has been solved. Working great now for about a week.  

I Reduced the transmit power to 25% on my Orbi RBK854 system turned all the AX features back on.
All our old and new Chromebook and Pixel devices Wi-Fi connections remain stable with good throughput while next to satellite.

The problem was I have too many Orbi satellites for my space 3080sqf house 3 floors tall, one per floor except for the top floor. My house was built in 2006 without ethernet but plenty of unused phones jacks in every room. I placed an Orbi RBS in my 2nd graders room using the ethernet on it for stable connection for zoom video school. Turns out 4 Orbi satellites broadcasting at 100% so close together is not a good thing.

Cut & pasted from my post in google bug tracker.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7