× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi is terrible

DFW_Eli
Aspirant

Orbi is terrible

It’s not reliable and it’s not worth the cost. If one happens to see this post and looking to buy make sure to read all the one star reviews. Also keep the receipt and make sure to return before the return expiration or it’ll cost more money to get below average support.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

I've used orbi since it came out. I also have it setup in numerous friends/families places without issues. Its been great. 

Most of the time when people are having issues, its because either they don't know how to set it up properly or their house isn't suited to wireless (brick, concrete, plaster lathe, etc all block wifi). 

Were you able to return it? If not, maybe we can help you get it running 

Message 2 of 5
DFW_Eli
Aspirant

I have had at least two trouble tickets that didn’t fix it, the return period is over and I am not going to pay more money for additional support, and all the community forums for similar problems hasn’t worked. I appreciate the sincere offer of assistance but I am tired after more than a year of frustrations with the product.
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

We are here to help. I don't see you've ever started a thread about issues. 

If you wanted to give it a shot we can. You might find more assistance here. 

If you do, post this in the orbi section where the orbi experts are. 🙂 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/bd-p/Orbi

You might find that each situation is just slightly unique and maybe get it working. But if you're given up home, then I'd buy a new system. Its tough to put effort into a system you aren't going to trust. 

Message 4 of 5
DFW_Eli
Aspirant

Just a reminder that orbi is terrible. I was reminded this when I have terrible internet and I have to perform another reset.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7