× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi pro behind UDM router | Dynamic Vlan via radius

Filis
Aspirant

Orbi pro behind UDM router | Dynamic Vlan via radius

Dear community, dear netgear,
Team,

I set up a UniFi UDM as a router with a radius server. Behind the UDM, I am running a Orbi Pro on firmware 3.3.0.122 as an AP. The challenge is that I would like to dynamically assign a vlan to Orbi clients based on the radius authentication on the UDM.

For now, the authentication works, but the ips assigned to clients do not match the correct vlan address range, even though the tcpdump on the UDM indicates the right vlan in the accept message. so it seems the Orbi pro just doesn’t “understand” / “convert” / “translate” the radius reply correctly to its clients.

I found some documentation on dynamic vlan for other netgear products but non of it for the Orbi Pro. The configurations mentioned for other products (dynamic vlan, …) are not available in the Orbi pro Settings, so I cannot select anything but the radius ip, port and shared key. If I select a vlan, only the selected address range is used, even if the radius credentials and the tcpdump would suggest a different address range.

How can I configure the Orbi Pro to dynamically select a vlan?

Thanks
Model: SRK60B06|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi pro behind UDM router | Dynamic Vlan via radius

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi Pro (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi Pro and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Pro-WiFi-for-Small-Business/bd-p/en-business-pro-wifi

Thank you

Message 2 of 6
Filis
Aspirant

Betreff: Orbi pro behind UDM router | Dynamic Vlan via radius

Addition: The Orbi Pro is a SXK80 and a SXS80

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Betreff: Orbi pro behind UDM router | Dynamic Vlan via radius

You'll find more help and support information in that forum

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 6
Filis
Aspirant

OK, thank you. I posted it in the other forum.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements