• 6 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Tutor

PPPoE Not Working in AC1600(R6260) Router

Dear Friends

I just bought a new AC1600 (R6260) Wifi Router and found PPPoE is not accepting my credentials. 

I have checked my ISP and they confirmed they unblocked by Router, but yet the router can not be connected through PPPoE.

I can connect PPPoE with my PC directly, but from the router I can't.

Already updated the firmware to V1.1.0.52_1.0.1 and reset the router thrice, but yet to resolve the issue.

Your knowledge is highly required.

Thanks

Message 1 of 13
Highlighted
Sensei

Re: PPPoE Not Working in AC1600(R6260) Router

> [...] PPPoE is not accepting my credentials. [...]

Are there any special characters in your PPP credentials?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/x/x/m-p/1354547

Message 2 of 13
Highlighted
Tutor

Hi
No, user name and password both contains 6 numbers only.
Thanks.

Message 3 of 13
Highlighted
Tutor

Hi
Today ISP support visited the router and could not resolve the issue.
Unfortunately the same issue happened with another user with same model (R6260).
Can you check from you end whether PPPoE connection issue is common for most of R6260 users ?
Thanks
Nayeem

Message 4 of 13
Highlighted
Tutor

Dear Friends

Any Suggestion ?

Thanks 

Nayeem

Message 5 of 13
Highlighted
Aspirant

I have the same when running a pppoe connection from a mikrotik router

Other routers will connect to the pppoe and be fine however the netgear is starting to set the pppoe session up but seems to have difficulty is sending the username and password as it is not shown in the log of the Mickotik  all it says is the connection over pppoe is made but no attempt to authenticate 

have tried on two seperate netgears with the same results  tried a different make and worked straight away

Please help !!!!

Message 6 of 13
Highlighted
Aspirant

I have encountered the same issue. PPPoE doesn’t seem to work!
And, looks like a lot of other users are having difficulties too....
Message 7 of 13
Highlighted

so is there any F**king fix for it ? or should i trash this router ?

Message 8 of 13
Highlighted
Aspirant

PPPoE is not working for mine as well. ISP tried in my home and also took the router to their office. The router does not make any hits to their server. 

Model: R6260|AC1600 Smart WiFi Router Dual Band Gigabit
Message 9 of 13
Highlighted
Aspirant

I'm having exactly the same issue with this router too - this is my second one from Amazon - absolutely useless piece of junk if the PPPOE doesn't work properly on it - come on Netgear your supposed to be a decent maker of routers and yet you can't even make PPPOE work correctly.

At the moment I've managed to get the router kind of working by running it as an access point - worst thing is it's running as an access point through a Meco device which is like half the price I paid for this piece of junk - unbelievable that I've got a £20 router doing a better job than a £50 router... really disappointed as have trusted Netgear for years with routers...  have to re-consider next time!

I have the router running through Airband broadband which is a UK rural microwave broadband connection.

Message 10 of 13
Guru

@ChristineT another long term bug not fixed - probably not limited to just one model.

Message 11 of 13
Highlighted
Aspirant

yeah that's why I'm sending the model back to amazon and getting a refund on it - even though I can use it by running it through another router I didn't buy it in that way, I bought it expecting PPPOE to be properly working - and as it's not been fixed since this was posted in May I've got no confidence that it will be.... have ordered a Linksys one instead... cost a bit more and worst case scenario the replacement one I've ordered supports OpenWRT so at least if there is any bugs on the other router I can always replace the firmware with OpenWRT (although as it's OpenWRT based I'd hope the PPPOE is working!)

Message 12 of 13
Highlighted
Aspirant

This router driving me crazy. When I bought this default firmware didn't work. No internet. I have upgraded to V1.1.0.52_1.0.1 but still no luck. No connection at all. And also the internet connection light from the router was off. Then I had to go to the local store from where I bought this and they upgraded me to (v1.1.0.54_1.0.1_test0426) this version. Then I came and tried everything again. This time my internet connection status shows connected but there was no internet. I  tried both wirelessly and wired. No luck. But when I tried with my old tp link router everything is okay. So the problem is must with this router. And with may be firmware, not with the ISP. So, don't even understand what is the problem with this router.

Looks like PPPoE Not Working in AC1600(R6260) Router. 

Can anyone help..................

Thanks in advance... If this problem exists this Netgrear will be my first and last router.

Message 13 of 13