Parental controls filtering UPDATES no longer pushed to my router settings after recent announcement

sienna2008
Aspirant

Parental controls filtering UPDATES no longer pushed to my router settings after recent announcement

Dear all,

After a recent announcement (https://support.opendns.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037648951), about Netgear Parental Control login changes, which migrated to OpenDNS login, I am no longer able to push any updates from Open DNS Parental control filtering to my router's settings. I am able to login to the OpenDNS page and navigate to the settings of Web Content Filtering. When I make some changes to content filtering page, a notification is displayed saying "Setting saved. Allow 3 minutes for your preferences to be pushed to all servers". However, these changes are never pushed to my router and I never see any change in the filtering of content.

Before it worked flawlessly (before the announcement of migration in the post above) and now I think somewhere the connection seems to be broken. I have been trying to debug on my own and researching posts here and on OPen DNS forums for many days, but to no avail. Hence, your guidance is much appreciated.

Please help!

Thanks.

Model: R6220|AC1200 Smart WiFi Router with External Antennas
Message 1 of 3
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Parental controls filtering UPDATES no longer pushed to my router settings after recent annou...

Hi @sienna2008, the changes should not affect any functionality of the Live Parental Controls. May we know the firmware version of the R6220? Also, does the issue persist no matter what filtering level is applied?

Dexter

Message 2 of 3
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Parental controls filtering UPDATES no longer pushed to my router settings after recent annou...

Hi @sienna2008, I would like to follow up and check if you are still experiencing the issue.

Dexter

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements