× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Password change without access in my router

HelpMe3
Tutor

Password change without access in my router

Hello community, i have the router Wireless-N 300 WNR2000 (i dont know the version) i bought it years ago,i havent the CD..

So,i dont remember the password i had and the URL in the browser where i can change the pass dont let me connect because im not connected in the netgears router..

the question is how i can connect to my netgears router 🙂

sorry if my problem have solved in other topic but i ll appreciate your help and sorry if my qiestion is a little silly.

Model: WNR2000v5|N300 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions

@HelpMe3 wrote:

Hello community, i have the router Wireless-N 300 WNR2000 (i dont know the version) i bought it years ago,i havent the CD..

Look at the label on it. If there isn't a "V number", then it is V1.

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in the model number and find all the documentation for your hardware.

If you have forgotten the admin password, then only option may be a factory reset:

How do I perform a factory reset on my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

@HelpMe3 wrote:

... sorry if my qiestion is a little silly.

There is no such thing as a silly question. Only silly answers.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Can you log into the router via a hardwired connction? If so, all you need is the admin password to the gui.

If you've forgotten this info, then you'll be needing to reset the device back to factory and use the factory login info. 

Message 2 of 5
HelpMe3
Tutor

how i can log with hardwire connection ? and where i can find the admin pass ? i havent any cd or paper..

about the return of the device i dont think this will help after so many years

Message 3 of 5

@HelpMe3 wrote:

Look at the label on it. If there isn't a "V number", then it is V1.

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in the model number and find all the documentation for your hardware.

If you have forgotten the admin password, then only option may be a factory reset:

How do I perform a factory reset on my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

@HelpMe3 wrote:

... sorry if my qiestion is a little silly.

There is no such thing as a silly question. Only silly answers.

Message 4 of 5
HelpMe3
Tutor

Mate problem solved,i restore the whole thing and i have access in everything...thnks a lot,i havent idea for this button i didnt see it before

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7