× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Port-Forward Troubleshooting

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Port-Forward Troubleshooting

Hi. I was hoping someone here might be able to help me out with this issue. I don't know much about networking, but I'll try to describe the problem to the best of my ability. Thanks in advance.

The Problem:

I have not been able to successfully port forward any service on any device on my local network, to be accessible from outside the network (via my public ip). Attempting to connect to the services while outside my network results in a time-out. Checking the ports using CanYouSeeMe.org results in a connection time-out. 

I logged into my router (which is also the modem) using the gateway ip and set up port-forwarding there. Here is a a picture. The local ip addresses of the host machines for these services are static. The services are running and I'm confident the correct ports have been set. I have verified Valheim and Perforce by successfully connecting via the local network. Both host machines have direct wired connections to the router. I've attempted this entire setup at a different house with a different router, and there it was successful. But I need it working here.

Additional Info:

- Router model: WNDR4500v2

- My public ip is dynamic, but I've verified that the address has not changed before each test.

- I've tried temporarily disabling the firewall on my router, and changing the NAT filtering setting from secured to open.

- Then I tried downgrading my router firmware from 1.0.0.72 to 1.0.0.60.

- I've tried contacting my ISP. According to them, it shouldn't be any issue on their end.

Message 1 of 1
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7