Aspirant

Printer won't connect

I have a canon MG3520 and WNDR4300 router. My printer appears to be connected to the wifi but it will not print it says things like cannot connect or job was not accepted. I have reinstalled my printer drivers multiple times powercycled everything multiple times. I am on a macbook but Netgrear keeps telling me to download the app. I have been at this for weeks. I called netgear for support. The said the best we can to is tell you reinstall you printer drivers and try again we do not help with 3rd party hardware. Any help is appreciated.

Model: WNDR4300|N750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 4

Re: Printer won't connect

@CD0324 wrote:

....it says things like cannot connect or job was not accepted.

Exact messages and where they come from is more helpful than "something like".

Past experience suggests that most of these problems are down to the printer and how you set it up. The router just spits out wifi. The printer then has to play ball.

I would pursue Canon before beating your head against the Netgear brickwall.

@CD0324 wrote:

I am on a macbook but Netgrear keeps telling me to download the app.

Canon creates software for Windows and probably Macs. (I have used it to fix Windows printers for people.) It may already be on your device somewhere.

PIXMA MG3550 Wireless Connection Setup Guide - Canon Europe

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 4
Aspirant

Those message appear under the status bar for the printer. Canon want too much for tech support. Now I have a second printer with 100% signal strength but my computer doesn't recognize it and I can't figure out how to delete devices from the network map. befor this I had an airport and almost no problems until comcast changed the modem they use.

Message 3 of 4

@CD0324 wrote:

Canon want too much for tech support.

There are places where you can get free help:

Canon Printers - Yahoo Groups

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements