× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problems with connection after iOs update R6700v3

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Problems with connection after iOs update R6700v3

After update to iOs 15.0.2 on phone and 11.6 Big Sur on macbook, I've had problems with getting kicked off wifi. Checked modem using ethernet and it works fine. I believe it is the Nighthawk R6700v3 router. I have rebooted the router, reset, unplugged... works for a while, then all devices get kicked off. Any suggestions?

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Problems with connection after iOs update R6700v3

Possible that iOS and new OSX have introduced problems on these devices with older model routers. Apple introduced Private Security which means they randomly change the devices MAC address. This seems to have cause some problems with some users. Something you'll need to get in contact with Apple support about. 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.

Try setting CTS values to 2307 Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 2 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Firmware Version is 1.0.4

I changed the settings to what you recommended and I'll see how things work. When I changed settings to 48 on 5g there was a message that indicated that you get better performance with higher settings? No performance isn't better, but do you think I should change that later and see what happens? If so, is there a higher number you recommend?

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Sure. You can try channels 149 thru 161 and see. 

Message 4 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Modem is: Netgear CM500. I'm not sure I can answer the second part of your question. Wave Broadband is my internet provider. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7