Question about DMZ

pipou
Aspirant

Question about DMZ

Hello,

I just have a quick question about DMZ. Right now, I'm using Port Forwarding for my Xbox 360 and PC (for uTorrent and XBL). I would like to use DMZ for my PlayStation 3. Is it possible to use Port Forwarding AND DMZ for another device/IP at the same time? I was told, if I enable DMZ all the Port Forwarding won't work, as you can't have both enabled.

Also, I'm guessing, if my PS3 IP is 192.168.1.103 do I need to go under Advanced --> WAN Setup --> Default DMZ Server and add the IP there?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Question about DMZ

you can when you using two different device for different setups

you can not use single device to use with DMZ and port forwarding at a same time.
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 2 of 6
bigjoelee
Aspirant

I could be wrong with the current firmware, but I know before you could have port forwards set up, and then anything that is not a port forward would go to your DMZ. This would mean if the device in the DMZ is expecting the use of a port that is forwarded, DMZ would not solve the network problem like it normally would.
Joseph
Message 3 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Not for two devices is used

Port forwarding is for xbox
DMZ for ps3

This should not be an issues
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

June Mizoguchi-
Message 4 of 6
pipou
Aspirant

Cool thanks, and as far as DMZ setup, I got it right? Is it where it says Default DMZ Server?

Also, it's weird. I was under the impression the DMZ would open all available ports? With my current setup, under the ps3 browser, if I go to http://canyouseeme.org/ and enter random port it always failed or times out. Is this normal?
Message 5 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Cool thanks, and as far as DMZ setup, I got it right? Is it where it says Default DMZ Server?

where other place could be 🙂

Also, it's weird. I was under the impression the DMZ would open all available ports? With my current setup, under the ps3 browser, if I go to http://canyouseeme.org/ and enter random port it always failed or times out. Is this normal?

it will only see the port is open for port forwarding.
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

June Mizoguchi-
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements