× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6020 blocking access to certain websites

fluesprekker
Aspirant

R6020 blocking access to certain websites

Hi.

I am getting "This site can’t be reached" <website> took too long to respond. errors, only on certain Russian websites.

If I plug my network cable directly into my modem, thereby bypassing my AC750 router, I can load the site/sites just fine. I can also load these sites using mobile networks (4G/5G). I can only guess that my router is blocking my access to these sites. By restarting my router or turning certain settings off (and on again sometimes), I can *sometimes* load these sites. 

There are no traces of my router blocking these sites in the router log.

I do not want to depend on resetting or restarting my router to solve issues. How can I permanently fix issues like this? Is this a known issue? I am running the latest firmware version and do not have any other issues.

Sorry for the double post, but my router falls into both categories.

Model: R6020|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: R6020 blocking access to certain websites

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Message 2 of 5
fluesprekker
Aspirant

What Firmware version is currently loaded: V1.0.0.52

What it's connected to: KAON Modem VM3000G-TCMNI ( Telenor branded, http://www.kaonmedia.com/eng/product/pro02_3.asp?pgrp=112&pidx=108 )

Model: R6020|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 5
fluesprekker
Aspirant

My problem is still ongoing.

Message 4 of 5
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello fluesprekker,

I understand you are having issues accessing certain Russian Websites with your NETGEAR device. Please try setting a static DNS in your router. Please follow the instructions listed below:

routerlogin.net > BASIC> Internet> Domain Name Server (DNS) Address > Select "Use these DNS Servers" For the first address input the IP Address 8.8.4.4. For the second address input 8.8.8.8.

Please let us know if the issue persists!

Best,

Kevin

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7