× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6020 super slow

hiltchri
Aspirant

R6020 super slow

My modem went out on my C3700 so I decided to buy a CM500 and an AC750. I am getting the 110mbps straight out of my modem but when I go through the AC750 the most I can get through ethernet or wifi is about 30mbps. 

The box shows I should be getting around 300mbps or more. Is there a setting I need to adjust to make my speeds reasonable?

Model: R6020|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: R6020 super slow

What firmware is on the R6020?

Have you done a factory reset and reinstall? sometimes new devices get enough firmware updates that a reset helps. 

Have you tried a different cable? 

Make sure to test hardwired to ensure its not a wireless interference issue. 

One other thing to keep in mind is the R6020 isn't a gigabit router. Its a 10/100mbps fast router. Even if the wireless is faster, the speeds coming to the device via the ethernet aren't. As well as link speed is different than actual throughput speeds. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What firmware is on the R6020?

Have you done a factory reset and reinstall? sometimes new devices get enough firmware updates that a reset helps. 

Have you tried a different cable? 

Make sure to test hardwired to ensure its not a wireless interference issue. 

One other thing to keep in mind is the R6020 isn't a gigabit router. Its a 10/100mbps fast router. Even if the wireless is faster, the speeds coming to the device via the ethernet aren't. As well as link speed is different than actual throughput speeds. 

Message 2 of 4
hiltchri
Aspirant

Thanks, I was able to get 91 down through ethernet. I'm still around 30 for wifi but that will be OK for my needs.
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

What do you get over 5ghz wireless?
2.4ghz is much slower to the point that 30mbps is understandable but you should get more over 5ghz if your device can support it.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7