× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6020

big__gun
Follower

R6020

i got this router from one of my relatives bc they did not need it anymore and when i try to connect with it on my devices it shows up on it but it does not connect to the internet. i already have a internet connection where i live but it’s not that good upstairs so they gave my that router. any idea on how to make it connect?
Model: R6020|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: R6020

Hi big_gun,

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Thank you for reaching out. May we know if you are trying to replace your router on your location with the router that you got from your relatives or you are adding the router to your existing router? Who is your internet service provider? Do you have a modem? You may try the steps from this link https://kb.netgear.com/119/How-do-I-set-up-and-install-my-NETGEAR-router

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 2 of 4
wcalifas
Prodigy

One thing that you can do is using that router as an access point. You can fish an ethernet cord upstairs and connect it to one of the four ports on the back once you've set as an access point. You'll have to turn off the dhcp on that router to make it an access point. There are several videos on youtube on how to set up a router into an access point if you need more help.

Message 3 of 4
antinode
Guru

> One thing that you can do is using that router as an access point. You
> can fish an ethernet cord upstairs [...]

Best to stop reading there.  Good idea; poor intructions.

Visit http://netgear.com/support , put in your model number, and look
for Documentation. Get the User Manual (at least).  Read.  Look for
"Use the Router as a WiFi Access Point Only".

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7