× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6080 AC1000 router

BadMotorSc00ter
Follower

R6080 AC1000 router

My Spectrum 5ghz router won't connect to 2.4ghz appliances like light bulbs. Can I bridge my AC1000 r6080 router and have it broadcast at 2.4gh?
Message 1 of 2

Re: R6080 AC1000 router

@BadMotorSc00ter wrote:
My Spectrum 5ghz router won't connect to 2.4ghz appliances like light bulbs. Can I bridge my AC1000 r6080 router and have it broadcast at 2.4gh?

You need to look at this the other way round. Your 2.4ghz appliances won't connect to 5ghz on the Spectrum router.Routers don't connect to these things.

The router is broadcasting 2.4 GHz.You need to work out how to connec6t to that.

This is a perennial problem. It happens when the people who make those Internet of Things (IoT) "toys" write hopeless apps for setting them up.

It may be a case of getting the phone to connect to the 2.4 GHz wifi. Sometimes you can temporarily turn off the 5 GHz from your unnamed router, setting up the IoT toy and then turning the 5 GHz back on.

This isn't really a Netgear issue.The R6080 would have the same problem. You'd have to jump through the same loops with that.

You really need to talk to the people who made the light bulbs how you are supposed to set them up.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7