× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6080 I made a mistake

jkunkel80
Aspirant

R6080 I made a mistake

I accidentally cut myself off from the 5.0 part of my router. My phone tries to default to that side, so I get the "connected without internet" message. Is there any way I can get back on there, or am I stuck on the 2.4 side permanently now?
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
microchip8
Master

Re: R6080 I made a mistake

Do a factory reset. At the back of the router, push the Reset button for 7-10 seconds then release

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
microchip8
Master

Do a factory reset. At the back of the router, push the Reset button for 7-10 seconds then release
Message 2 of 4

@jkunkel80 wrote:
I accidentally cut myself off from the 5.0 part of my router.

Do you mean the 5 GHz? What tells you that you have cut it off?

That isn't something that is likely to happen by mistake.

A reset would be the last resort. You would then have to set up the whole network again.

Manuals are always a good place to start.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Check the section in the manual Manage the Basic WiFi Settings.

There may also be some helpful videos on what to do.

You may have done that already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear gave up on supplying paper manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

I wouldn't want to worry you, but I hope you don't have a fast internet service. Your router, one of Netgear's basic devices, can't handle anything faster than 100 Mbps.

According to Netgear's manual for this device, not always the most reliable source of information, the LAN and WAN ports support only 10BASE-T or 100BASE-TX. That makes it slower than many newer internet services and most modern network hardware. This may not matter to you, but be warned that it will hobble you if you ever sign up for faster Internet. It also slows down whatever is going on in your local network. Newer devices support at least 1000BASE-TX.

Message 3 of 4
jkunkel80
Aspirant

I did a factory reset, I was hoping to avoid that, but it worked. I was also able to get rid of people who have their own wifi but leech off mine.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7