× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6080 Setup for Defender Video System

ChuckRMI
Aspirant

R6080 Setup for Defender Video System

I have a Defender video system and a R6080 WiFi Router.  The Defender system is plugged into a LAN port on the R6080.  the R6080 is connected via LAN to my AT&T Uverse system.  The Defender works properly when connected to the AT&T Uverse directly however it does not work when trying to connect it through the R6080.  I cannot get the IP address settings correct to make the Defender system accessible on the local network.  The R6080 has a WAN address of 192.168.1.xx and the LAN IP is set up as 10.0.0.1.   I have tried turnign DHCP off on the R6080 without luck.  I have tried various LAN settings and address reservations without luck.  It seems that the R6080 needs my Defender set with an IP address in the 10.0.0.xx range but then it is not visible via the AT&T Uverse LAN.  The R6080 works great with my work laptop connected via LAN and with my WiFi devices.  Hoping someone here has a good answer to solve this.  I am sure the problem is just in the settings.

Model: R6080|AC1000 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: R6080 Setup for Defender Video System

Its because you're running a double nat (2 routers in router mode on same network).

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

you can try putting the netgear in access point mode. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Its because you're running a double nat (2 routers in router mode on same network).

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

you can try putting the netgear in access point mode. 

Message 2 of 3
ChuckRMI
Aspirant

Thanks Plemans, that did the tirck and it works great now.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7