× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6100 update to V1.0.1.28 limits Roku Sling and Netflix access

cmc304
Aspirant

R6100 update to V1.0.1.28 limits Roku Sling and Netflix access

I updated yesterday and now a lot of category options had disappeared from Sling and Netflix.   Any help appreciated.  Everything changed after I rebooted the wi-fi. 

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
cmc304
Aspirant

Re: R6100 update to V1.0.1.28 limits Roku Sling and Netflix access

I thank you for your suggestions.  I recall what my son has told me for years.  Turn EVERYTHING off, unplug power supplies to everything attached to the tv.  Hold the power button down 30 seconds while it's unplugged.  Turn everything back on. 

Works perfect today!   

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies

Is everything else working as expected?

Did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So while it isn't guaranteed to fix problems a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have issues with new firmware.

This is a nuisance because you then have to reconfigure the device all over again.

You can backup your settings before you reset and restore them later. But that may just bring back the fault. Then again, at least you will know if the reset fixed the problem.

Message 2 of 5
cmc304
Aspirant

@michaelkenward wrote:

Is everything else working as expected? 

Yes

Did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?
    No.  Have always just updated, restart and been fine 
New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.
   😞
So while it isn't guaranteed to fix problems a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have issues with new firmware.
   That makes sense. 
This is a nuisance because you then have to reconfigure the device all over again.
   That is probably simpler than it sounds.  Will see if a friend can do that remotely for me. 
You can backup your settings before you reset and restore them later. But that may just bring back the fault. Then again, at least you will know if the reset fixed the problem.

Sounds safer to reset to factory.  Will try your advice and report back.  Thank you so much. 

Message 3 of 5
cmc304
Aspirant

I thank you for your suggestions.  I recall what my son has told me for years.  Turn EVERYTHING off, unplug power supplies to everything attached to the tv.  Hold the power button down 30 seconds while it's unplugged.  Turn everything back on. 

Works perfect today!   

Message 4 of 5

@cmc304 wrote:

I recall what my son has told me for years. 

That's good news.

OK. Next move, if he is old enough, buy your son a drink. If he has yet to reach drinking age, I am sure that you can come up with an alternative treat!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7