× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6120 not broadcasting and not able to access www.routerlogin.com/net or the IP!!!?? PLEASE HELP?

HollyAnnQB
Aspirant

R6120 not broadcasting and not able to access www.routerlogin.com/net or the IP!!!?? PLEASE HELP?

I have recently moved and was able to get the wifi broadcasting and was cable connected just fine UNTIL I reset it to try and get into the website to make changes. Now the Router is not even broadcasting the Default gateway, But, I can connnect via Cable. What could be the problem? Why can't i access the router genie page and why wont it broadcast the signal? But can still connect via cable line???? Please help i am somewhat tech savvy, but this is an issue i am not able to resolve alone. Thanks in advance for any help

Model: R6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions

Re: R6120 not broadcasting and not able to access www.routerlogin.com/net or the IP!!!?? PLEASE HELP

@HollyAnnQB wrote:

I have recently moved and was able to get the wifi broadcasting and was cable connected just fine UNTIL I reset it to try and get into the website to make changes.

Moving house means that you now have a completely different internet setup.

The first thing to do is to reset the router and everything else that moved with you.

You may also have a different modem. In that case it may need tweaking to get it to play nicely with your router.

Go back to square one and set up the network from scratch.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
antinode
Guru

Re: R6120 not broadcasting and not able to access www.routerlogin.com/net or the IP!!!?? PLEASE HELP

> [...] What could be the problem? [...]

Here's a radical concept:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RTFM

Visit http://netgear.com/support , put in your model number, and look
for Documentation.  Get the User Manual (at least).  Read.  Look for the
LED descriptions and "Troubleshoot".

Message 2 of 6
HollyAnnQB
Aspirant

I have read it!!!

you arent very nice or helpful!!!! 

Message 3 of 6
antinode
Guru

> I have read it!!!

That's nice.  And an alert (but non-psychic) reader would be able to
discern that from your problem report, how, exactly?

> you arent very nice or helpful!!!!

I'm sure that I'm absolutely abominable, but only one of us can see
the LED indicators on your R6120, or get any information at all from its
management web site, so who would you say is being less helpful?

The "Troubleshooting" section of the R6120 User Manual has a whole
list of things to check, things to try, and so on. The non-psychics in
your audience can't do them, or see what happens when they're done by
anyone else (like, for example, you).  If you expect anyone here to take
a problem description with no more detail than "doesn't work", and pluck
the solution out of the air, then you may be in for some disappointment.

Message 4 of 6

@HollyAnnQB wrote:

I have recently moved and was able to get the wifi broadcasting and was cable connected just fine UNTIL I reset it to try and get into the website to make changes.

The first thing to do is to reset the router and everything else that moved with you.

You may also have a different modem. In that case it may need tweaking to get it to play nicely with your router.

Message 5 of 6
HollyAnnQB
Aspirant

@michaelkenward wrote:

@HollyAnnQB wrote:

Thank you for your help, i really appreciate you being nice and lending a second pair of eyes - so to speak! I will be tweeking the new modem and then reseting my nighthawk. i hope this works, although i do belive you are correct.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7