× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6200 and no-ip

bwareham
Aspirant

R6200 and no-ip

I am trying to set up a dynamic DNS service on my router, but the only option on the dropdown menu is DynDNS.org, which no longer has a free tier. Since I don't want to spend $55/year I'd like to use another service. From what I can tell Netgear also has an arrangement with no-ip (noip.com), but I can't figure out how to enable that option on the router. I have the latest firmware installed.

Does anyone know whether it's possible? 

Model: R6200|Dual Band 11ac WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
bwareham
Aspirant

Re: R6200 and no-ip

Just to close the loop here, I ended up using a dynamic DNS service -- dynu.com -- that doesn't require setup with the router. It uses client software on the computer to check every two minutes for a change to the DNS address assigned by the ISP.  I have had it running for a couple days now, through at least one address change, and it seems to work fine.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies

@bwareham wrote:

I am trying to set up a dynamic DNS service on my router...

To do what? Netgear has pulled the plug on some of the services that ride on the back of that.

@bwareham wrote:

From what I can tell Netgear also has an arrangement with no-ip (noip.com), but I can't figure out how to enable that option on the router.

I am using no-ip. If your router accepts it, pick Netgear as the Service Provider.

Looks like it is now in the hands of Cisco.

Message 2 of 3
bwareham
Aspirant

Just to close the loop here, I ended up using a dynamic DNS service -- dynu.com -- that doesn't require setup with the router. It uses client software on the computer to check every two minutes for a change to the DNS address assigned by the ISP.  I have had it running for a couple days now, through at least one address change, and it seems to work fine.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7