R6200v2 + CISCO 851 Router - 2nd subnet unable to ping external address

constrych9
Aspirant

R6200v2 + CISCO 851 Router - 2nd subnet unable to ping external address

Hello,

I have a R6200v2 router that is sititng right behind my cable modem.  Then behind that I have a CISCO 851 that I am working on for a lab.  I have 2 subnets setup 192.168.0.0 as the default scope and behind the CISCO 192.168.1.0.  I am able to see all machines on both sides and ping the R6200v2 from behind the CISCO but when I try to ping something like google.com from behind the CISCO I get request timed out.  I used to have a wrn2000v3 in the place of the R6200v2 and it all worked fine.  I did do a NAT on the CISCO 851 and was able to get to the internet but anything behind the CISCO just returns the IP of the gateway so I would like to have it setup to just allow the second subnet without using NAT on the CISCO.  It seems that the R6200v2 has something blocking the NAT from the second subnet.  I have tried playing with the NAT Filtering with no luck.  What setting do I need to enable / disable to be able to allow my second subnet to get to the internet.

Thank you in advance

Message 1 of 6
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: R6200v2 + CISCO 851 Router - 2nd subnet unable to ping external address

Hi @constrych9,

Did you have the NAT disabled on the CIsco router when you had the WNR2000v3 installed and was still able to get online? If yes, that would be a unique situation.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 6
constrych9
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply.  Yes I had it disabled then also.

Thank you,

Message 3 of 6
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @constrych9,

Do you still have the WNR2000v3? If yes, can you please send us the config file so that we can replicate the setup.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 4 of 6
pgkool
Tutor

I have a R7000 and behing that a cisco 3750 with two VLANs (two subnets). I am having a similar issue, my DNS queris work, but the second subnet cant access the internet. I presume it doesnt NAT other subnets then the default.

Did you ever get this resolved?

Message 5 of 6
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @pgkool,

The NETGEAR router will only be able to cater to one subnet and will not work with your setup which has two. I would advise a business class router for that setup.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E