R6200v2 Extender?

WhyspyrGently
Follower

R6200v2 Extender?

I have the above mentioned Router which is a Great product. I however had to switch wifi providers and they insisted I had to use their Router and it is was supposed to be so much better and all that other hogwash. Turns out theirs is literal crap but I don't know if I can use mine or if I can  use it as an extender maybe. Anyone able to give me any advice or help would get a definate prayer sent up for them. The provider I use is Exede and the "router" is a  "Viasat" no other info, no model number or anything.

Model: R6200v2|AC1200 Dual Band Gigabit Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: R6200v2 Extender?

@WhyspyrGently wrote:

I have the above mentioned Router which is a Great product. I however had to switch wifi providers ...

Do you mean Internet suppliers? (I haven't come across anyone providing wifi as a service.)

If so, you need a modem that works with whatever internet service Exede delivers. DSL? Cable? Satellite? I guess this is what the Viasat box does.

You should then be able to connect your R6200v2 to the modem and use that for local wifi.

We'll need to know a bit more about this anonymous Viasat modem to get much further. If it is a modem/router – does it chuck out wifi and have a set of LAN ports on the back? – you need to to work out how to put it into modem only (bridged) mode to work with the R6200v2.

There is a manual for the R6200v2 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> R6200v2 | WiFi Router | NETGEAR Support <<<<

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements