× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6200v2 LEDs too dim

Wino-1
Aspirant

R6200v2 LEDs too dim

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: R6200v2 LEDs too dim

Possible that in manufacturing of the unit, the actual LED installed or put on the internal board were defective or not built well. So even though the modem maybe working ok, the LED emitted from the parts were not done right in the first place. Normally LEDs are moderate bright to bright depending on kind of LED used and how they LEDs are made. 

I have a old Linksys WRT1900AC. Front LEDs are WHITE but daylight I can barely see them. Even in dark there pretty dim. Unit works though. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Is it a problem? 

You didn't give us much info to go off for what you're actual issue is

Message 2 of 8
Wino-1
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.

My problem is that the LEDs indicating power, internet, and wireless are too dim to be seen.  This is also true for the WiFi and WPS button LEDs.

I would like to know if the LEDs could be adjustedf to be brighter.

Netgear Router Model R6200v2, Firmware Version V1.0.3.12

Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

I didn't see anything in the manual. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/r6200v2.aspx#docs

Is it causing an issue?

Message 4 of 8
Wino-1
Aspirant

Yes, it is an issue to me if I would like to know what is working.  I did not see anything in the manual to adjust LED intensity.

Model: R6200v2|AC1200 Dual Band Gigabit Smart WiFi Router
Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Possible that in manufacturing of the unit, the actual LED installed or put on the internal board were defective or not built well. So even though the modem maybe working ok, the LED emitted from the parts were not done right in the first place. Normally LEDs are moderate bright to bright depending on kind of LED used and how they LEDs are made. 

I have a old Linksys WRT1900AC. Front LEDs are WHITE but daylight I can barely see them. Even in dark there pretty dim. Unit works though. 

Message 6 of 8
Wino-1
Aspirant

Thank you for this relevant information. 

The LEDs in my router are probably defective and there appears to be no simple solution for dim LEDs.

Model: R6200v2|AC1200 Dual Band Gigabit Smart WiFi Router
Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Use it while it works, when it stops working, then you can find something where the LEDs are working.

For your future needs, Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for General Router products which include your model router. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with older routers and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/General-WiFi-Routers-Non/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-general

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Enjoy. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7