× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6220 DHCP Relay support?

ChurchIT
Aspirant

R6220 DHCP Relay support?

BLUF: Can the R6220 wifi router support DHCP relay for multiple subnets, or do I need to replace it with a switch that has this functionality?

Background: I'm the head of IT for a non-profit (read: self-professed under-qualified, but, the best option on-hand), and we're in the process of setting up a 4-subnet network in order to break out our resources evenly and securely. We already had the R6220 on hand as a donation item, because shoe-string budget and generous volunteers. But, is this the best option for subnetting, or should I try and convince the board to shell-out for a more appropriate device?
Currently using WindowsServer2019 with AD DC to manage the network as a whole, with Linux servers operating as backup devices.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: R6220 DHCP Relay support?

The R6220 is a pretty base model device. it doesn't have the more advanced features that you're trying to achieve. 

You'd be better off to check on the business equipment to achieve that. The consumer side is lacking the vlan segregation/multiple subnets. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

The R6220 is a pretty base model device. it doesn't have the more advanced features that you're trying to achieve. 

You'd be better off to check on the business equipment to achieve that. The consumer side is lacking the vlan segregation/multiple subnets. 

Message 2 of 3
ChurchIT
Aspirant

That’s what I was suspecting, but I appreciate the confirmation!
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7