× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R6220 - Does NOT support IPv6

FoxzSnake
Tutor

R6220 - Does NOT support IPv6

Before purchased R6220, I have checked support web site (http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19308/~/ipv6-compatibility-on-netgear-routers) shows that it does support IPv6 on the latest firmware, but now I got it and I can NOT find any of IPv6 setting in web GUI on the lastest firmware (1.1.0.31).

Is that not 'the latest firmware' or the position of IPv6 setting is different from the other Netgear router so I can not find it?

Message 1 of 144

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi all,

Please update the router to the latest firmware version (1.1.0.50).

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 144 of 144

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

IPv6 settings should be under ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > IPv6.

Message 2 of 144
FoxzSnake
Tutor

Yes, usually it should be there, and I have tried firmware 1.0.0.17 and 1.1.0.31, but both doesn't have.

Message 3 of 144
TheEther
Guru

Ok. Hopefully someone from Netgear will investigate.
Message 4 of 144
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @FoxzSnake,

The IPv6 feature for the R6220 will be added to a future firmware release but no ETA has been provided yet.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 5 of 144
Seta-San
Star

i sort of expect that firmware update soon. my isp is turning ipv6 on next month. i bought the R6220 to upgrade an old wrt54g and to get ipv6.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19308

on your site it's stated as supporting ipv6 and it's unacceptable that it doesn't.

Message 6 of 144
Seta-San
Star

i feel like an ETA is owed seeing that this was an advertised feature on this device on your very website.

Message 7 of 144
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Seta-San

The IPV6 options should be located in the Advanced then Advanced Setup then IPV6 if you are unable to see this try to use a different browser and if you still cant see the settings can you post a screenshot so I can send this to our SMEs to investigate why those settings are not showing up. Hope to hear your feeback.

DarrenM

Message 8 of 144
Prezsley
Guide

I have the same issue.
Message 9 of 144
FoxzSnake
Tutor

Here is the screenshot, and it does not have IPv6 option.

I hope it wiil come back soon. Smiley Sad

00.png

Message 10 of 144
Prezsley
Guide

Mine is missing also...Screenshot_2015-12-23-20-24-51.png

Message 11 of 144
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @FoxzSnake and @Prezsley,

I have already confirmed this with engineering and IPv6 support will be added in a future firmware update but no ETA has been provided yet. I will check with the right department so that we can have the list updated.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 12 of 144
Seta-San
Star

that's unacceptable to update the list like that. i bought this router with the promise that it had ipv6 support. support it or send me  the $100 i paid for it.

Message 13 of 144
miles82
Tutor

IPv6 support is cited in the user manual. Yet, we are unable to get it to be enabled. It's not specified that the feature has yet to be added, so it should be assumed that the feature is readily available. Netgear is a brand I have always gone with, hell, I paid more for the Netgear R6220 than the TP-Link Archer C5 because of the Netgear name even though they sport equivelant hardware.Yet, the R6220 lacks current IPv6 support, which is a standard that the TP-Link Archer C5 has along any mid-range router newer than 2014 should have.

All documentation that I have found does not corroborate with your claim that IPv6 has yet to be added. This is actually the only place that I have seen any information as to the lack of IPv6. Especially confusing is the fact that inside the user manual* is information about activating and configuring IPv6. If support for this function has no timetable for a release then we should be entitled to another model of router, the next model up, that currently has IPv6 support and has equivelant and/or better features as our current R6220. That is the least I'm willing to compromise, otherwise I will see to it that everybody I know not purchase a Netgear branded router again.

*User Manual uploaded to my OneDrive (https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=BF772E66F7230AED!33936&authkey=!AMlnroBNlvsvxIg&ithint=file%2c... )

IPv6 referenced 119 times in official user manual and uploaded to OneDrive 01/02/2016 to provide proof and prevent edit

Message 14 of 144
Prezsley
Guide

That's awesome. Selling a device with false capabilities. How do I get my money back?
Message 15 of 144
Seta-San
Star

Does the words "Class Action Lawsuit" or "False Advertising" mean anything to you?

Message 16 of 144
Gralb
Initiate

I too seem to be having this issue with teh R6220. One of the major reasons i chose this was the potential iPv6 option. Very disappointed in the lack of this feature and its subsequent lack of support. As a network admin i will definetly not buy netgear again or recommend it in the future. It's not just  the lack of this option but the removal of this device support iPv6 from the main site and many selling sites liek newegg, frys and amazon has shown how they really feel about their customers.

Message 17 of 144
Seta-San
Star

i'm not going to be bought off with a buggy beta firmware. you're in an unfortunate situation. i'm in the middle of a divorce and already talking to lawyers anyway. i know that divorce lawyers don't take these kinds of cases but they have friends... and they would love to get in on a class action lawsuit pro bono for a certain percent of the settlement.

Message 18 of 144
palzhj
Initiate

This is my first time to use the product from NETGEAR, I feel so disappoint about the claim of ipv6 support. I think I will never buy product from NETGEAR any more.

Message 19 of 144
Seta-San
Star

i think that we deserve the updated firmware by now. this is criminal.

Message 20 of 144
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Seta-San,

We apologize for the delay. The latest update from engineering which was on March 22nd, the R6220 firmware that supports IPv6 has been updated but is still currently in beta status.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 21 of 144
Seta-San
Star

demand an update today

Message 22 of 144
Jizzylax
Star

At least updated firmware is being worked on...
Message 23 of 144
Prezsley
Guide

There is a new update coming? Or it has been released? I'm not showing an update yet.
Message 24 of 144
Seta-San
Star

No. They are dragging their feet on this. Netgear is a brand that can't deliver
Message 25 of 144
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7