× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R6220 Failed firmware update. no wireless networks and no connection via ethernet

Robbert14
Follower

R6220 Failed firmware update. no wireless networks and no connection via ethernet

Hello there,

Today I tried updating the firmware of my router via the nighthawk app, whilst simultaniously streaming to my chromecast. 
The app said that the update went well and then the router rebooted.
However, after rebooting it doesnt send out a wifi signal anymore and when i connect an ehternet cable it also says that it has not internet access.

Because i cant connect to a wifi network, i also cant use routerlogin to try and manually update it again. 
Also, resetting it just doesn't work, i can hold the button long or short, it doesn't reset.

What can I do?

Model: R6220|AC1200 Smart WiFi Router with External Antennas
Message 1 of 3
gte558w
Aspirant

Re: R6220 Failed firmware update. no wireless networks and no connection via ethernet

Same issue, after doing the firmware update 1.1.0.104, the router boots up and get stuck in USB LED on only with no other LED. I tried resetting it both with 7-sec and 30-30-30 method but nothing worked. I tried to flash the old firmware 1.1.0.100 and also the new one  with TFTP method. The files transfer is successful but same end result with only USB LED keeps on after reboot. 

Not sure what happened with this new firmware update. 

Model: R6220|AC1200 Smart WiFi Router with External Antennas
Message 2 of 3
GeorgeBarkley
Aspirant

Had the same problem. Can't connect to the router after firmware update, either wired or wireless. No DHCP when hooking it to an ethernet cable to computer. No wireless lights on but LAN lights on. Power light is off. Tried Factory reset but it doesn't change anything.
Model: R6220v2|AC1200 Smart WiFi Router with External Antennas
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7