R6220 Router Running At Half Speed

Levitamin
Tutor

R6220 Router Running At Half Speed

My R6220 router is running at half the speed it was when I first purchased it last year. It is my second router, running from a MOCA device that's coming from our main router (a Nighthawk). The main router hits just under 300 mbps wired, and about 150 mbps on 5G WiFi. The R6220 was getting the same speeds for the first year. Lately it's maxing out at about 140 mbps wired and 90 mbps. I've done a factory reset, updated the firmware (V1.1.0.86_1.0.1), and reset the MOCA and main router as well. I checked that my MTU is set at 1500. The problem persists. 

Model: R6220|AC1200 Smart WiFi Router with External Antennas
Message 1 of 6

Re: R6220 Router Running At Half Speed

@Levitamin wrote:

...reset the MOCA and main router

Main router? You have two routers on your network?

What is this other one?

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 6
Levitamin
Tutor

It’s all in my original post. Main (Nighthawk) router Ethernet to MOCA1, coax to MOCA2 Ethernet to R6220 router. Both Routers were getting 300mbps wired, now the second router R6220 is only getting 140mbps. I reset every component in the chain, and the problem persists. I have the latest firmware on the R6220.
Message 3 of 6

@Levitamin wrote:
It’s all in my original post.

Not that I can see. Maybe someone else can read between the lines.

Maybe you mean two R6220s.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 6
Levitamin
Tutor

Um no. I clearly stated in both posts that the main router is a nighthawk, and the secondary router is an r6220. Does anybody have any actual advice?
Message 5 of 6

@Levitamin wrote:
Um no. I clearly stated in both posts that the main router is a nighthawk...

Oh dear, you do make life difficult for yourself. There is nothing "clearly stated" in your posts when it comes to this famous "main router".

Do you know how many Nighthawk routers there are? Probably a dozen or so. More if we throw in the gaming variants. Then there are the Nighthawk modem/routers.

No one is trying to wind you up, simply to find out what you have at your end. Only then can anyone begin to guess as to what might be happening.

You could start by answering the questions that the forum software poses:

Subject (Include model number and brief summary)
Model (Recommended - Helps the community give the best answers)
Body (Include additional detail including model version, firmware, OS and environment where relevant.)

They are there for a good reason.

Then there is MOCA. What does that mean to you? 

@Levitamin wrote:
Does anybody have any actual advice?

Yes, explain what is on your network and how it is configured.

Believe me, if there was anyone here who had an instant answer, they would have chipped in. There are just so many reasons why people see slow speeds that it is pointless to throw in odd suggestions on the off chance that they will mean anything.

Just another user.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E