× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6220 and HP Photosmart 6250 connection problems

abuser32
Aspirant

R6220 and HP Photosmart 6250 connection problems

I just upgraded my router to the R6220 AC1200. Loving it and it seemed to be working perfectly until tonight when I realized I cannot print. The printer appears to be connected, printing out a wireless test connection that shows everything is functioning, but the printer is not showing up on any device. I'm running Mac OSX El Captain. I've tried another Mac, as well as my iPhone and my iPad. The printer fails to show up on any of the devices. I also tried setting the printer up on my computer via the IP address, but that did not work either.

So far I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the printer to the network, unplugging both the router and the printer then plugging back in, etc.

I know I can always connect via USB but that doesn't solve my issue. I use my iPad and phone to print a lot when I don't have time to pull up documents on my computer so I would love a real fix instead of a temporary workaround.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
abuser32
Aspirant

Re: R6220 and HP Photosmart 6250 connection problems

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
abuser32
Aspirant

Okay so somehow I got the IP address on the printer to work and now I can print from my computer! So that's a good sign, but still can't print from any device. The printer still fails to show up. Any ideas now?

Message 2 of 6
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @abuser32,

You will need an AirPrint compatible printer for you to print from your iOS devices. You can read about it using the link below.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201311

However, you may use the ReadySHARE Print feature of your router as a way for you to print from your iOS devices. This will require you to connect the printer to the USB port on the router instead of the Ethernet port. You may check the link below for reference.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20913

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 3 of 6
abuser32
Aspirant

I have an AirPrint printer. I figured out a fix, by the way. I set the printer up on the network using the HP Remote app. I don't know why, but setting it up on there then kicked it onto the network and I could see it not only on my phone, but now on all of my other devices and computers.
Message 4 of 6
abuser32
Aspirant

Message 5 of 6
VE6CGX
Master

Does your devices have printer driver loaded and can you ping the printer?

If yes to both questions printer is connected and ready. Usually wireless printer

set uo is done from printer not from router.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7