× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6220 issues NAT type

kevblank
Aspirant

R6220 issues NAT type

I have the R6220 and have had numerous issues with it for the last few days.

First, my 2.4GHz started dropping out like crazy while the 5GHz works fine.  

I was running V1.1.0.86_1.0.1 firmware and ended up backgrading to 1.0.68....i believe and found that slightly more stable but not really.  

Then I tried to play Xbox one x and was able to play but not to join a party.  it says to change network settings and the Xbox tells me NAT type unavailable.  Testing it tells me it can't obtain a Teredo IP.   I have done dozens of resets, power cycles, I re-upgraded to V1.1.0.86_1.0.1.

I have disabled UPnP and reenabled.  I have tried port forwarding. I have tried activating ipv6 on the router, using auto config and auto detect.  I dont know a lot about any of these things but I have been following directions on various support sites.  

nothing has helped so far.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If i need to provide more details please let me know.

Thanks

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
btcorrad
Star

Re: R6220 issues NAT type

It's probably neither you nor your system.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status?icid=furl_status#SocialandGaming

For some reason, it seems like it hit Colorado first, with a lot of NAT and Teredo issues. Took MS hours to finally help us to stop wasting our time troubleshooting our own networks.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
kevblank
Aspirant

Oh, and my xbox is wired directly into the r6220, i dont run it on wifi.  

Message 2 of 5
antinode
Guru

> I have the R6220 [...]

Connected to what?

> [...] I have tried port forwarding. [...]

Not a very detailed description of a non-trivial procedure.

Message 3 of 5
btcorrad
Star

It's probably neither you nor your system.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status?icid=furl_status#SocialandGaming

For some reason, it seems like it hit Colorado first, with a lot of NAT and Teredo issues. Took MS hours to finally help us to stop wasting our time troubleshooting our own networks.

Message 4 of 5
kevblank
Aspirant

You were right, was an xbox service issue.   Resolved now, thanks.  

To other responder, thanks, I would have replied in detail if this ended up not being it.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7