× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6220 switching between 2.4 and 5G

MD1904
Follower

R6220 switching between 2.4 and 5G

I have the AC1200 dual band router and need to connect to a new robovac using 2.4.  How do I switch it from 5g?  My network choices are Netgear01 and Netgear01-5G.  Is Netgear01 the 2.4 option? 

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: R6220 switching between 2.4 and 5G

yes. connect it to the Netgear01 option.

It might be seperate if someone setting it up went in and change the ssid names to mess with you. 

You could always log into the router to see/change the ssid/password. 

https://kb.netgear.com/23439/How-do-I-change-my-NETGEAR-router-s-WiFi-password-or-network-name-SSID

Message 2 of 3

Re: R6220 switching between 2.4 and 5G

@MD1904 wrote:

I have the AC1200 dual band router and need to connect to a new robovac using 2.4.  How do I switch it from 5g?  My network choices are Netgear01 and Netgear01-5G.  Is Netgear01 the 2.4 option? 

Are you setting it up with some sort of mobile app? These are often badly written and will fall over if the mobile is connected to 5 GHz. If you can't force your mobile to use 2.4 GHz, you can temporarily disable the 5 GHz SSID broadcast on the R6220. (Forget about AC1200, it is a wifi speed label.)

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Check the section in the manual Enable or Disable the Wireless Radios.

Remember to turn it back on after you have set up this gadget. Then complain to the people who made the robovac about their hopeless setup process.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7