× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6260 drops World of Warships in every 5 to 10 minutes

AyanSett
Tutor

R6260 drops World of Warships in every 5 to 10 minutes

Hello,

While using ethernet port and trying to play World of Warships internet connection drops in every 5 to 10 minutes. When connected through Wifi and playing World of Warships i didn't face any issue. This issue is happening only when i am connecting through ethernet port to play World of  Warships.

Initially I thought there is issue with Internet Service Provider and raise a issue with them and they ask me to change the router.

As per their advice when i setup my old spare router i notice that my connection didn't drops either connect through ethernet or Wifi only in case of World of Warships.

Regards,

Ayan

Model: R6260|AC1600 Smart WiFi Router Dual Band Gigabit
Message 1 of 16

Accepted Solutions
AyanSett
Tutor

Re: R6260 drops World of Warships in every 5 to 10 minutes

Hello,

It's looks like the issue is mostly resolved. Today i played World of Warships multiple matches connected through ethernet. But i didn't face any connection dropout.

Solution I found till now:

Ethernet Link speed was initially set to Auto, i changed it to 1GBPS. After that i didn't face any connection drop out.

Regards,

Ayan

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 16

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What modem are you using? 

Firmware on the router? 

Have you tried changing cables and ports on the router that you use? 

Any switches in line? 

Are you  using qos or any other traffic monitoring setup on the router (qos, traffic monitoring, parental controls, armor, etc. )

Message 2 of 16
AyanSett
Tutor

Hello,

1. What modem are you using?  - I am using R6260 Router, which I purchase recently

2. Firmware on the router? - Router Firmware Version V1.1.0.66_1.0.1

3. Have you tried changing cables and ports on the router that you use? - Yes

4. Any switches in line? - No

5. Are you  using qos or any other traffic monitoring setup on the router (qos, traffic monitoring, parental controls, armor, etc. ) - No (Just configure the internet)

I already tested on other router World of Warships working fine through ethernet as well as from Wifi.

Regards,

Ayan

Message 3 of 16
plemans
Guru

@AyanSett wrote:

Hello,

1. What modem are you using?  - I am using R6260 Router, which I purchase recently-----That's the router. Not the modem/gateway. What is the router connecting to?

If you just bought it, you do get 90 days of free support (from date of purchase) from netgear. You can click "mynetgear" at the top, register an account, and then the device. From there you can contact support. 

You can also try downgrading the firmware. Your 1.1.0.66 is newer than the current version on the server. maybe its got a few issues. 

Message 4 of 16
AyanSett
Tutor

Hello,

My Internet connection directly comes to R6260 modem on the yellow color Ethernet port.

I recently upgrade the firmware version, on the previous version i am also facing this issue.

Regards,

Ayan

Message 5 of 16
plemans
Guru

And whats on the other end of that ethernet cord? whats supplying you with internet? 

Message 6 of 16
AyanSett
Tutor

Hello,

Thank for your reply.

Other end directly comes goes to optical fiber ethernet switch.

I believe if the issue with the switch or my ISP provider then I face similar problem with the other games too. (i.e. Players Unknown Battleground, Call of Duty - Warzone, Counter Strike, Warthunder). I only facing this issue with the game World of Warships when i connect internet through Ethernet. I didn't facing any issue while i connect internet through WiFi.

I also configured my internet on my spare single band Dlink Router and I didn't face any kind of issue while playing World of Warships when connect internet through Ethernet.

I am giving you the link for your reference, the exact issue which i am facing with World of Warships.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/General-WiFi-Routers-Non/R6050-drops-World-of-Tanks-after-5-minutes...

Regards,

Ayan

Message 7 of 16
plemans
Guru

Try putting whatever device you're on for gaming in the netgear's dmz. 

Message 8 of 16
AyanSett
Tutor

Hello,

Netgears DMZ, what is that.

How to do that??

Regards,

Ayan

Message 9 of 16
plemans
Guru

Message 10 of 16
AyanSett
Tutor

Hello,

On DMZ, which IP address i need to mention, World of Warships server IP or my gateway IP??

Regards,

Ayan

Message 11 of 16
plemans
Guru

You'd use the IP address for whatever the device you're playing it on. If you're playing on the ps4/xbox, use the address for that device. 

Message 12 of 16
AyanSett
Tutor

Hello,

As per your advice i have configured DMZ, it didn't give me the solution of connection drop down of World of Warship. I am also investigating the issue and post you solution if i found any.

Regards,

Ayan

Message 13 of 16
plemans
Guru

A couple things to try. 

enable the ipv6 setting. 

Qos. usually we have people disable it but worth try it enabled

Message 14 of 16
AyanSett
Tutor

Hello,

It's looks like the issue is mostly resolved. Today i played World of Warships multiple matches connected through ethernet. But i didn't face any connection dropout.

Solution I found till now:

Ethernet Link speed was initially set to Auto, i changed it to 1GBPS. After that i didn't face any connection drop out.

Regards,

Ayan

Message 15 of 16
AyanSett
Tutor

Hello,

Connection is stable now. Please close this topic.

Thanks for your help and sugession to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Ayan

Message 16 of 16
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7