R6300 - MAC Filter not working

CarlV
Aspirant

R6300 - MAC Filter not working

Hi I am getting other peoples mobile phones on my home network at the moment. The MAC address is showing but they have no IP I am unsure if this an issue so I decided to add all out home device MAC and enable access list. The only problem is after a while everything on the network fails connection even items with the MAC address added to the list??? I have to turn back off the access list and they all connect again. This is every single item not just a few, 2 tablets, 2 phones, 1 laptop, 1 pc and chrome cast. All different manufacturers and all added to the list. Can anyone help with this please.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
netwrks
Master

Re: R6300 - MAC Filter not working

Quick resolution. Reset router to factory default. Create new SSID's. There is no security in MAC Filtering (tons of articles on the net to enforce that).  USe STRONG passwords and wireless passphrases  Link here   - Don't give out passwords / passphrases and ALWAYS change default passwords

Message 2 of 4
CarlV
Aspirant

Hi do not really want to use MAC filtering I wish to use it as and extra as I already use (AES) phrases and passwords. Even the day after I change my password other peoples phones who do not have this password are showing as a connected device but have no IP!

Message 3 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @CarlV,

Welcome to the community!

What is the exact model version of your router? What is the current firmware version loaded in it? Have you updated the firmware of your device?

Regards,

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E