R6300 No Internet Connection

mwarez
Aspirant

R6300 No Internet Connection

Hey folks, I have teh R6300 router and the internet suddenly stopped working.  If I plug the modem straight to the computer it works fine so it is something wrong with the router.  I contacted support and they said it is a configuration issue of the router and they could walk be through it but they wanted ~100$ to do it!  It's not a power cycle issue as a tried it many times.  It is acting as if it is not even connected to the modem!  Please need some help here.  I looked at some simliar posts but no solution yet!

Message 1 of 8
netwrks
Master

Re: R6300 No Internet Connection

When you connect to the router does it show the WAN port as being up?

Message 2 of 8
mwarez
Aspirant

No, it shows no network connection.  It says "No Ethernet Cable Is Plugged into the Router Internet Port"

Message 3 of 8
netwrks
Master

It may be the cable.... If you have another cable then swap the cable between modem and router (at least a CAT5e cable).

If that does mot work. Power off modem and router. Wait a couple of minutes. Power on modem first, let it come online. When the modem is back online, power on the router. When the router is back onlline see if the you can get to the internet.

Message 4 of 8
mwarez
Aspirant

Tried a different cable...no luck.  Also tried the power sequence with no luck either. 

Message 5 of 8
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

As a test, can you connect the router Internet port to an Ethernet switch or another computer, then check the port status in the router Admin pages? You could even try looping back from the Internet port to one of the router’s LAN ports.

mwarez
Aspirant

Didn't quite follow you...when you say check the port status what do you mean exactly?  It still says no internet connection when i do what you suggest.  Any other ideas on how to fix this?  Am I supposed to do something with the MAC addresses?

Message 7 of 8
mwarez
Aspirant

I believe i tried what you asked and it just said no internet connection.  Any thoughts on how to reconfigure the router?  Do i need to do something with MAC addresses?

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E