R6300 Speeds drop down to .53 mbps?

sathea
Aspirant

R6300 Speeds drop down to .53 mbps?

So i just bought this router for $200 expecting the best but i only have 4 devices hooked up 2 phones and 2 laptops and my speed on the computer is only at .53 mbps?? weird. I set up my channels apart from everyone else and have security set at wpa2-aes and firmware is up to date. Also tried going back to a older firmware still nothing, so i dont know what else to do anyone help? if i power cycle the thing it goes back up to 25 mbps then after a day it drops to crap.
Message 1 of 7
sathea
Aspirant

Re: R6300 Speeds drop down to .53 mbps?

alot of views and no suggestions heh. 😄
Message 2 of 7
csm746
Novice

What type of internet service? DSL or cable? Have you shut down modem, restarted, then tried starting the 6300? I am running the .14 firmare. I installed the router one week ago and on speedtest.net it is pulling consistently 100 mbs and wireless speed on the 5 ghz is excelllent. If the device is not faulty, it is configuration.....also, it seems imperative to reset the router to factory defaults after flashing....I do it before flashing as well.
Message 3 of 7
sathea
Aspirant

i found out the issues. it was my crap dlink n usb adapter. just wanted getting the speeds for some reason. so i had to use my asus router as an repeater and run ethernet from that to my computer now im back up to 25mbps. i dont know what service you have to hit 100mbps lol. are you talking lan or that download speed?
Message 4 of 7
Ephone
Tutor

How do you find 25Mbps and 0.53Mbps information? Is it the speed (link rate) indicated on Windows wireless connection state? I have't seen these rate yet.

The link rate would vary on the different client adapters (2x2 or 3x3... etc), what adapter and the driver version you are using?

Are you seeing this on 2.4G or 5G? wireless mode and channel? The distance between the router and client?

You mentioned after powering cycle the link rate would recover. Did you try to disconnect/connect the wireless connection, or disable/enable the adapter and see if they help?
Message 5 of 7
csm746
Novice

Ian...I have Charter broadband cable internet service and it is the 100 mbs they offer. It requires a DOCSIS 3 cable modem, but I consistently hit just over 100 down and 7 up through speedtest.net.

And the r6300 allows machines that reported only 44-49 mbs down on the N900 to always reach over 100 mbs. The machines have Intel 5300 and 6300 adapters. But, we have 4 iPads in the house when the kids are home, phones, NAS storage...I am boring you, but the point is I am well satisfied with this new router.
Message 6 of 7
sathea
Aspirant

yeah i work for cox communications but i dont need 100mbps lol seems kind of point less if i dont torrent. How to check your download speed is to use speakeasy speed test or speedtest.net those two wrk
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E