Highlighted
Aspirant

R6300 can't find NAS device

Hello

I am using an R6300 (bought in 2012) for my private network which contains (among other devices) 3 Synology NAS attached to the R6300 via LAN. The router has often problems to "find" the NAS and I have talked to Synology and carried out all the actions with restart etc. The network is setup correctly and working fine. Does anybody have similar experiences and could this problem eventually be overcome with another (newer) NETGEAR Router? The PC is running with Windows 10 x64.

Thanks for feedback and regards

Klaus 

Model: R6300|Dual Band 11ac WiFi Router R6300
Message 1 of 5
Highlighted
Guru

Re: R6300 can't find NAS device

What do you mean by router can't find the NAS?  If the NAS units are using static IP addresses, then they may not necessary show up in the router's attached devices table.  This is not a problem.

Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Aspirant

Hallo

Wenn ich die Ordner-Struktur eines NAS im Windows-Explorer (unter Netzwerk) erweitern will, erhalte ich die Fehlermeldung "Auf NAS-xxx konnte nicht zugegriffen werden". Dies, obwohl der NAS im Netzwerk aktiv ist und ich ihn über die Software von Synology problemlos ansprechen, öffnen und auf die Ordner-Struktur und Files zugreifen kann. Ich kann via den Windows-Explorer nur auf den NAS zugreifen, indem ich den NAS einbinde. Die Netzwerk-Geschichte unter Windows ist ja bekannterweise etwas heikel. Ich bin mir aber in meinem Fall nicht ganz sicher, ob der R6300 nicht optimal mitspielt...

Grüsse Klaus

Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
Guru

Sorry, I don't speak German, but I ran your text through Google Translate.  Your R6300 has nothing to do with this.  You need to have Windows File Sharing enabled on your Synology.  

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Aspirant

Hello

Thank you for your feedback and advice!

I will try to find and implement the File Sharing function in the Synology DSM and will inform you on the outcome (may take some time)...

Regards KLAUS

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements