× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6300v2 Can't Logon - Serial number not recognized

Seelaender1
Aspirant

R6300v2 Can't Logon - Serial number not recognized

When I put the serial number on the label off the back of my R6300v2, the one just above the MAC address, into the when Router Password Recovery screen, it states "The information you entered does not match what is saved on the router. Please enter it again."

Does some know how to fix this?

Router model: R6300v2

Serial Number: 4SL60BB0A0830

On a private network, not externally accessible.

Reply to: rseelaender@earthlink.net

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: R6300v2 Can't Logon - Serial number not recognized

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll need to factory reset the router and setup from scratch by pressing the reset button for 10 seconds then release. Wait for the router to come to ready, then log in to 192.168.1.1 using a web browser and walk thru the setup wizard. This time write down all important information for safe keeping later on.

Message 2 of 4
Seelaender1
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply. I was able to reset the router.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7