• 2 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Aspirant

R6300v2 Wireless Router slow download speed WIRED

S/n: 3CD1377EA3963
MODEL: R6300V2 Smart WiFi Router AC1750 Dual Band Gigabit

I just recently started having a problem where my internet speeds are at an absolut low while it's wired. If i connect my internet cable directly to my modem from my PC I get the speeds I am paying for. 100MB/s. When I have it running through the router I am getting maybe 10MB/s if I am lucky. 

I have factory reset my router and did a power refresh on both the modem and router with no change. 

The wireless is running great. My laptop gets anywhere from 90-115mb/s a second. 

The issue seems to be coming from it being directly connnected to the router. Can anyone help me and point me in the correct direction on how to fix this. 

I am running the latest FirmWare. V1.0.3.30_10.0.73 and everything is at factory settings. 

Message 1 of 5
Highlighted
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: R6300v2 Wireless Router slow download speed WIRED

Based on everything you already tried I would try reinstalling FW and another factory default ( pressing reset until power led flashes) and then test LAN speed using defaults. Same problem then replace it.

Assuming you tried different LAN ports

Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Aspirant

I just ran through the steps and nothing seem to work permently. Port number 4 gave me the correct ammount of MB/s but quickly followed by a huge decress in speed. Pretty much nothing is stable minus the WIFI when it come to speed. What a bad product. This router is not even a year old. 

Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
Retired_Member
Not applicable

contact support if still under warranty

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Aspirant

Apperntly It was a faulty ethernet cable. Switched it out and everything was good to go. 

Message 5 of 5