× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6300v2 in AP Mode

DashQuark
Aspirant

R6300v2 in AP Mode

This configuration was working except for wireless range, so I added an R6300v2.
"AP" mode R6300 LAN ------ Switch ------- TiVo | | TiVo | | LAN R7000 WAN --- Modem ---- Internet This configuration causes severe networking issues. "AP" mode "AP" mode R6300 LAN ------ Switch ------- LAN R6300v2 | | | TiVo | TiVo | LAN R7000 WAN --- Modem ---- Internet This configuration does not allow the TiVos to communicate but the network starts working. "AP" mode "AP" mode R6300 LAN WAN------ Switch -------WAN LAN R6300v2 | | | TiVo | TiVo | LAN R7000 WAN --- Modem ---- Internet What is happening and how do I configure the R6300s to allow the TiVos to communicate
and allow wireless devices to connect to the network?
Model: R6300v1|Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Router - 802.11ac,R6300v2|AC1750 Dual Band Gigabit router,R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DashQuark
Aspirant

Re: R6300v2 in AP Mode

Thanks for the reply. They can not communicate in the third configuration.  It is too bad that netgear does not document what AP mode does.  I was able to get everything working by only using the lan ports and undoing the AP mode and just disabling DHCP. I set a fixed IP address below the first address given by the main router and now I can't figure out how to manage the 2 routers I am using as APs. But, since it works that is a problem for a different day.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @DashQuark,

All three setups should work. On the third setup, may I know how you're testing the TiVo's whether they can communicate?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 3
DashQuark
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. They can not communicate in the third configuration.  It is too bad that netgear does not document what AP mode does.  I was able to get everything working by only using the lan ports and undoing the AP mode and just disabling DHCP. I set a fixed IP address below the first address given by the main router and now I can't figure out how to manage the 2 routers I am using as APs. But, since it works that is a problem for a different day.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7