× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R6350 Netgear Router logon timed out so cant logon through Nighthawk

Yuck97
Aspirant

R6350 Netgear Router logon timed out so cant logon through Nighthawk

Can't logon to Nighthawk to reach my R6350 router,

message says(logon timed out) have reset, uninstalled, cleared cache, restarted phone, but same message.

Router is working fine, but can't logon through Nighthawk to update firmware and use nighthawk tools. 

Message 1 of 5

@Yuck97 wrote:

Can't logon to Nighthawk to reach my R6350 router,

message says(logon timed out) have reset, uninstalled, cleared cache, restarted phone, but same message.

Join the club.

Re: Can't logon to Orbi - "Logon timed out, please... - Page 4 - NETGEAR Communities

and

Re: Nighthawk App Logon Timeout - Page 2 - NETGEAR Communities

The Nighthawk app is bust.

Rumour has it that Netgear is working on it. Sadly, no one from the company seems willing to update users on what is going on.

Message 2 of 5
Yuck97
Aspirant

The problem is with the Nighthawk app and 5G phone. I can logon through a 4G phone. So, Netgear needs to fix the app to work on the newer phones (5G especially).
Thanks for those that replied.
Message 3 of 5

@Yuck97 wrote:
The problem is with the Nighthawk app and 5G phone. I can logon through a 4G phone. So, Netgear needs to fix the app to work on the newer phones (5G especially).
Thanks for those that replied.

Lucky you. That is not true for most people. It doesn't work on 4G either.

(Can't a 5G phone connect to 4G?)

In reality, the problem isn't so much the mobile connection. The wifi link does not work.

When you connect with the app through wifi, it should offer you the choice of Anywhere Access or Local Wifi. The Wifi bit is bust for many of us.

Message 4 of 5
bstanton
Tutor

Update February 2023. Still not working on my IOS device. Can log on through web browser but I can't believe it's been months and they have patched this issue. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7