× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R6400 Router's LAN Speed is operating 100 Mbps Speed

DVP1007
Tutor

R6400 Router's LAN Speed is operating 100 Mbps Speed

Model: R6400

Firmware: V1.0.1.36_1.0.25

Issue:

The LAN Ports on the Router is operating at 10/100 Speeds and I am not sure why. I have already tried replacing the Cables and they are all Cat6 cables. I have 2 QNAP NAS and a Windows Computer and they all Operate on 100 Mbps Speed. This is Transferring between my LAN devices so nothing related to WAN. I have tried Windows to NAS and NAS to NAS and all operate at 100 Mbps. Just to be clear when Transfering a Single File I get around 11MBps and the same used go around 110 MBps. The Devices still show that its a Gigabit connection and also the lights are White which idicates Gigabit Network. Any ideas?

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DVP1007
Tutor

Replaced All cables issue resolved.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

With the network links clearly negotiating to Gigabit (you can see this on the port LED, the QTS Web UI, or the Windows network information: Is the R6400 operating in router or in access point mode? There is a known limitation with the access point mode -> R6400 Causing Slow Data Transfer over LAN - because of the GbE ports are handled by the CPU in AP mode, there can't be GbE wire performance. Consider adding a dedicated GbE switch instead of using the R6400 GbE "switch" ports.

Message 2 of 4
DVP1007
Tutor

Hello,

The Router is not used as AP its connected to the Model and used directly as a Router. Yes QTS and all OS shows 1GBe Connection. I am so really stumped I am not sure where to look at. I made the cables myself and direct connection works fine as well between computer and NAS.

Message 3 of 4
DVP1007
Tutor

Replaced All cables issue resolved.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements