× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6400 daily disconnect from modem

c_sw
Aspirant

R6400 daily disconnect from modem

Router disconnects from the modem ever since the ISP upgraded my service to 100-200 Mbps and the firmware was upgraded.

Support says there is no hardware defect, but nothing else has changed. The ISP has tested the modem and found no history of disconnects. If I reboot just the router, it reconnects. Support wants more money than the device is worth to troubleshoot the issue.

If this continues, I will be attempting a reset and a manual upgrade of the firmware to the latest version. If that fails, I will roll it back to a prior firmware version. Any suggestions would be great.

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
c_sw
Aspirant

Re: R6400 daily disconnect from modem

I reset the router to factory settings, then upgraded immediately to the latest firmware. That resolved both issues I was having.

FYI, I would not trust Netgear to correctly do automatic firmware updates given these issues.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @c_sw,

Welcome to the community!

Please keep us posted on the result of the reset and/or the firmware rollback.

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 3
c_sw
Aspirant

I reset the router to factory settings, then upgraded immediately to the latest firmware. That resolved both issues I was having.

FYI, I would not trust Netgear to correctly do automatic firmware updates given these issues.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7