× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6400 - just used Nighthawk to update firmware to v1.0.1.46 and now I have no 2.4 ghz WIFI

Amarillo
Aspirant

R6400 - just used Nighthawk to update firmware to v1.0.1.46 and now I have no 2.4 ghz WIFI

I have the Netgear AC1750 Model R6400 (which is not in the dropdown).  It was working perfectly until I installed the new firmware update.

This morning I got an email to update the firmware to v1.0.1.46 using the Android Nighthawk app. I did that.  Then I physically rebooted it by pulling the power plug. 

Now I have no 2.4 ghz wifi.  However the 5 ghz wifi is working.  What is the fix for that? 

Thanks!!

Model: AC1450|Gigabit Smart WiFi router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: R6400 - just used Nighthawk to update firmware to v1.0.1.46 and now I have no 2.4 ghz WIFI

Anytime you do an update its recommended to reset the router. Pulling the plug isn't resetting the router and can actually corrupt it if you're installing new firmware. Try doing a hardware reset and if it still doesn't work, downgrade the firmware and do a reset again.  You can reset it under Advanced->administration->backup settings->Erase. 

Try this and then go to the downgrade step if that doesn't work. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: R6400 - just used Nighthawk to update firmware to v1.0.1.46 and now I have no 2.4 ghz WIFI

Anytime you do an update its recommended to reset the router. Pulling the plug isn't resetting the router and can actually corrupt it if you're installing new firmware. Try doing a hardware reset and if it still doesn't work, downgrade the firmware and do a reset again.  You can reset it under Advanced->administration->backup settings->Erase. 

Try this and then go to the downgrade step if that doesn't work. 

Message 2 of 3
Amarillo
Aspirant

Thanks!!  I ended up doing the factory reset and it seems to be working now.

Thanks!!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7