Aspirant

R6400v2 Blocking Services

I want to be able to block my teens from 10pm till 5am Sunday through Thursday.  But how do I only block their devices but not cut off my thermostat and other house devices as I add them.

I am familiar with the Block Services feature, I used it on my older netgear router successfully.

I just don't know how to isolate a few devices to connect while still blocking the kids.

Appreciate any help, keep it simple please... pretend you are talking to your Mom. Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Model: R6400v2|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router—802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit
Message 1 of 4

Re: R6400v2 Blocking Services

There is support for the R6400v2, including documentation and firmware, here:

>>>> R6400v2 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

Check the section Set Up Parental Controls.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 4
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.  I did some more research, looks like this is an ongoing (literally 4 years) of an issue w/Netgear. I found a long thread... if anyone else stumbles across this topic.... see below for reference.  Looks like it's all or nothing blocking which I'm doing.  No ability to block individual devices.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/Blocking-device-based-on-time-schedule/td-p/... 

Message 3 of 4

If you are serious about controlling access, you may want to investigate Disney Circle, if your hardware supports it.

It costs, but that is the new Netgear business model. Find something that people like and start charging an annual fee.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements