× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R6400v2 Radio Transmit Power Setting Gone after Firmware Update

R6400v2 Radio Transmit Power Setting Gone after Firmware Update

Hello,

I have a Netgear R6400v2 for which I recently updated the firmware. It started somewhere in 1.0.2 (I don't remember what version specifically) and updated directly to 1.0.4_106. Previously, under Wireless Settings, I was able to set Radio Transmit Power, but now the option is gone (see screenshot). Is it available elsewhere, or was the feature removed between then and now? If the latter, what firmware version removed the feature? I'd like to be able to set it, as I think it could help internet performance a bit.

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: R6400v2 Radio Transmit Power Setting Gone after Firmware Update

Update: I did some testing and found that the latest available version of the firmware that supports the setting (as of 22 Jan 21) is 1.0.4.84. This is in line with a post about the R6700v3, but this confirms that it is also an issue for R6400/v2 users and possibly others. (I can't say for sure which ones, but the "This article applies to:" section of the KB entry on the feature may list all the devices.) If you have a newer version of the firmware, downgrading to version 1.0.4.84 should reinstate the feature. I still would like to know why it was removed, though, and I hope that it will come back in later firmware releases.

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7