Re: R6400v2 admin login not accepted

GaryDM
Aspirant

R6400v2 admin login not accepted

The Nighthawk app & website login page will not accept my admin password so I did the password recovery to assure I was using the correct password - which I was. It still wouldn't work so I did a reset & I still can't log in with the factory default password.

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

When many do "the reset" they don't end up holding reset long enough. 

With the router fully powered on, push and hold reset for 7-10 seconds or until the lights change. Some devices it can be up to 30 seconds. 

Another thing to try is a different computer. If you have an autofill for passwords, many times this will overwrite your existing password you're entering. If you try a different computer or potentially different browser, sometimes this will work. 

Current Setup: CM2000-> SXK30-> GS716v2-> Arris W31 x2-> Pi-hole->
Message 2 of 5
GaryDM
Aspirant

The button was held in until all LEDs blanked out. I was careful to not mouse-over the autofill so what I was typing was what was entered & I attempted  logging in on the website & through the Nighthawk phone app.

Interestingly, after doing the reset twice, password recovery was still showing my old password & not the factory reset password.

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

I would try a full 30/30/30 reset. Thats push and hold reset for 30 seconds while powered up, then power it down for 30 seconds while still holding reset, and then power it back up for 30 seconds all while still holding reset. Should be holding reset it for  total of 90 seconds with all 3 steps. 

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

btw, you're posting in the AX router section of the forum. Not your fault as its a little confusing. Sometimes the moderators will move it but this is the normal forum for your router:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/General-WiFi-Routers-Non/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-general

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements