× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6400v2

utkarsh
Follower

R6400v2

hello,

I am facing an speed issue on my router R6400v2 i own 300mbps plan i am receiving only 190mps on 5ghz as well as on lan ports 

if i directly connet to my system i receiving 300+mbps i konw now people say on wireless link rate matter between decive and router as am standing next to router and phone link rate is 866mbps i should receive at least 300mbps. When i am on a lan network through router using cat 6 cable i can't receive 300mbps this issue arsing when the router get an update before update the router is capable of over 1000+mbps speeds on lan and on 5ghz 750+mbps speeds on mobile so there is anything to get an update for router as it can its maximum performance as it was previous  providing proof that on even lan it cannot provide speed

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: R6400v2

That is a fairly base model gigabit router. Its right in line with where it performed under testing. 

NETGEAR R6400 AC1750 Smart WiFi Router Reviewed - SmallNetBuilder

A few things you can try? 

Factory reset it. 

then during the install, leave qos, access control, traffic monitoring, and parental controls all disabled. 

Reason why is they require packet inspection and the cpu doesn't have the power to do that and keep up with that fast of speeds. 

Message 2 of 3

Re: R6400v2

@utkarsh wrote:

I am facing an speed issue on my router R6400v2 i own 300mbps plan i am receiving only 190mps on 5ghz as well as on lan ports 

if i directly connet to my system i receiving 300+mbps

What modem, if there is one, sitting at the front of your network?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7