× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX40 cannot connect to routerlogin.net

tmpriest1
Aspirant

RAX40 cannot connect to routerlogin.net

Somehow I am blocked out of my router. I have internet connection, Nighthawk app says router is offline, but it is working. Phones and laptops will only connect to NetGear wifi extender as of just a few days ago. Web broswer will not connect to routerlogin.net (Brave) Firefox redirects to NetGear main page. What am I missing. Hacked ? Help... 

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
tmpriest1
Aspirant

Re: RAX40 cannot connect to routerlogin.net

With a little help from my friends. Back up and running, making sure I utlize Armor and cataloging id's then lock down the routers from new loggins. 

Thank you for the help ! 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the NightHawk RAX WiFi 6 Router products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with NH router products and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/bd-p/en-home-routers-nighthawk-wif...

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

Message 2 of 6
tmpriest1
Aspirant

So it appears I have been attacked by an outside computer that has taken over my router login found on my network -EM-87F12R2, at the very bottom of this snip pic. What are the next steps ? Will the factory reset button work ? 12-2-21 Snip Network Capture.PNG

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

IS there a wired device on your network that has the host name? 

Can you access the routers web page at 192.168.1.1? 

Factory reset the router. Disconnect ALL wired devices from the back of the router accept for your 1 wired PC that you'll be working with. Walk thru the setup wizard at 192.168.1.1.

Message 4 of 6
tmpriest1
Aspirant

IS there a wired device on your network that has the host name?  NO 

Can you access the routers web page at 192.168.1.1?  NO

Factory reset the router. Disconnect ALL wired devices from the back of the router accept for your 1 wired PC that you'll be working with. Walk thru the setup wizard at 192.168.1.1.  - Will do.

This is the second time I have had trouble, first time was a ssid name change I did not do, and reset everthing. This time I got locked right out. Looking for vunerability-s to patch wifi alram system ? They say NO. I used a unique and good password. There is allot of wi-fi in this 150 plus community. Strange things going on.     

Message 5 of 6
tmpriest1
Aspirant

With a little help from my friends. Back up and running, making sure I utlize Armor and cataloging id's then lock down the routers from new loggins. 

Thank you for the help ! 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7