× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK 735S Once a day WiFi drops but Internet available - Is anyone else experiencing this?

gman88
Tutor

RBK 735S Once a day WiFi drops but Internet available - Is anyone else experiencing this?

My 3 week old RBK735S 3 unit mesh drops WiFi daily for 2-3 minutes. Is anyone else working from home and noticing this random interruption daily?  For me, I'm on video conferencing all day, plus my 2 kids are remote learning, so when it goes out, it's an impact to everyone in the house.  Is this happening to other users of the 735's?

Details:

• At first, I assumed it was my ISP and my internet failing.  But I have moved my SIP (Obihai) directly to my (ISP) Modem, so I can test Internet during these outages.  The internet works fine during the outages.  I can make and receive calls, while my Mac and my phone cannot ping 8.8.8.8.
  • The Router and Satellite do not display a "ring" light during the outages.  They are not showing any signs of rebooting relating to these outages
  • Using the Orbi App on my phone, once I can get it to reconnect, it shows devices that should be connected as not connected when I click on "Devices" and drill down.  The devices begin to reconnect at various rates after the 2-3 minutes, and I can then see them again. 
  • I am running the latest firmware on the Router and (2) Satellites (V3.2.18.1_1.4.14). 
  • I had opened a case with Netgear 10 days ago, and the only help they could provide was to have me upgrade firmware.

Help:

• Is this happening to anyone and if so, are there any settings I can make to stop or better manage when these drops occur?
  • Do you think my RBK 735S set is defective and should I return (I have 1 week left to do so)?
  • Is anyone aware of a defect where the mesh periodically drops all devices?  Is this some sort of DHCP lease timeout and if so, how can I change the lease duration?  I can see my Orbi Router has a 7 day DHCP lease from my ISP Modem (Arris) but do not see how to set DHCP lease times that the Orbi is vending.
    • Arris Model: ARRIS DOCSIS 3.0 Touchstone Residential Gateway Model: DG2470A 

Thanks for your assistance.  This one is painful

Message 1 of 2
gman88
Tutor

Re: RBK 735S Once a day WiFi drops but Internet available - Is anyone else experiencing this?

This question has been moved to the ORBI AX Discussion Forum, which is more appropriate.

Thanks

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7