× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK13 satelite add-on options?

wildcatswon
Tutor

RBK13 satelite add-on options?

We currently have an RBK13 Orbi mesh system at home but need to add 2-3 more satelites as the block walls of our Florida home are not very Wi-Fi friendly and must expand our system.  I was curious if I bought another RBK13 system and use them all(router incl) as satelite add-ons to my current RBK13 system.  It makes much more sense in $$ to buy another system and use as add-ons but not sure if they would work with our current system.  Anybody have any experience with this or have any thoughts?  I am past my 90 day support window with Netgear so they won't answer questions about this even though I am exploring purchasing more of their products.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: RBK13 satelite add-on options?

You can add on the satellites but the router doesn't function as a satellite.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

You can add on the satellites but the router doesn't function as a satellite.

Message 2 of 5
wildcatswon
Tutor

Thanks for the help. I believe it still makes $$ sense to buy the system as it makes the satelites cheaper than buying them alone, plus I would have the extra router in case the other died on me.

Message 3 of 5
wildcatswon
Tutor

Sorry, I have one more question pertaining to this topic. I would like to be able to mix other Orbi satelites with this system to better cover outside of our home but the antenna design of the rbk13 satelites do not work well mounted vertically so I would love to be able to add a different style of satelite.  Would this be possible and do you have any suggestions for other satelites?

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

the RBK10 series is only compatible with itself sadly. 

Its because its the base model dual band system. 

The 20-50 series work with each other because they're tribands. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7