× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR20 - Magenta App / Vodafone Setup

TC65
Follower

RBR20 - Magenta App / Vodafone Setup

Hi guys,

I purchased the RBK23 setup for my own home where I use Virgin Broadband. After following videos online I set the Virgin router to modem mode and things have been fantastic ever since.

Due to how good the system has been I purchased the RBK20 setup for my parents. Unfortunately there is very limited information on how to set up this with a Vodafone router.

Therefore I’ve followed the instructions through the phone and hoped for the best. I completed setup including linking the satellite and firmware update. The app says the sattelite is synced and green. The route has no flashing LED light, yet on the app it has a purple dot. I’ve also checked and only the phone I used for setup is connected to the orbi system.

The internet seems unchanged. So I’m unsure whether the system is working, or it’s just plugged in but the Vodafone router is still just providing internet to all the connected items.

I’m really struggling to find any support and have no idea if the setup is correct. It doesn’t seem to be though. I’ve read about switching the router to access mode but with so much confusing and conflicting information I’m struggling. Any help for a novice who just tried to help his parents out would be really appreciated.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7